Friday, December 4, 2009

Special Days



This Saturday on the 5th it will be one year since Curtis and Tami died. As part of their rememberance we are going to go to the temple and have all of their work done. Travis and I get to do their sealing. I can't think of any better way to remember their lives than to seal them together eternally.
Congratulations to Angela. Travis and I were able to go to the temple with her on Tuesday as she took out her own endowment. I am so proud of her and the choices she has made. I know it is going to mean so much to her to be able to be there on Saturday.














We had Destiny's baby blessing last sunday while Travis' family was still here. She was not liking the taking pictures part. I am sure it didn't help that she was hungry. I can't believe that she is already a month old. This last month has gone by so much faster than the previous one. We are finally on somewhat of a schedule now which makes things a little bit easier. Chase and Kayla love it when the schedule gets a little bit thrown off because then we don't get quite as much school done that day.
















We also celebrated Kayla's birthday on Sunday while all the family was there. For part of her birthday we cut her hair and donated it to locks of love. After all was said and done we ended up cutting off about 12". I was having a hard time wanting to cut her hair because I loved her long hair. Now that it is cut I really like it. It is so much easier and faster. She really likes it.


5 comments:

Trisha said...

What a beautiful blessing dress!

I was so touched that you are going to be in the temple together this weekend. What a special day for your family!

Jamie said...

I can't believe that tomorrow is the year mark. I still am hoping that I wake up from this bad dream. It's just not the same. :(

Destiny was adorable on Sunday. She looks so much different! I can't believe she is a month old! (obviously time flies for me! ahha)

Kayla looks so grown up with her hair cut short. I'm sure you are loving the time it takes to fix it now.

Sorry we couldn't stay longer Sunday. That was a busy busy weekend... I don't know if we even slept.

Daryl and Ashley said...

I can't think of a better way to remember them either. I am so glad that they will be sealed and I have no doubt in my mind that they will accept!

I am so proud of Angela! YAY!

That was a beautiful blessing dress! I am sure Curtis and Tami were both there at the blessing... I hope Jace will be at his sister's!

Happy Birthday Kayla... I can't believe how grown up she looks with her hair cut! I also can't believe that she is 5!

Adam and Aubrey said...

Wow. I can't believe a year goes by that fast. Destiny looks adorable in her blessing dress, and I love the screaming face! I really do!

Emilee said...

ok, i LOVE that blessing picture! it says it all- that having a baby is crazy and that hey have mides of their own!! love ya!