Thursday, January 21, 2010

annoyed

I never realized how messed up the English language is until I started to home school my kids and teach them how to read.

There are so many rules in the English language and then after all of those rules there is still something like 70 words that are sight words that don't even follow any of those rules.

It has taken me a long time to figure out the best way to teach my kids how to read. Thank goodness I found the reading for all learners program it has been so nice. If anyone is trying to teach your kids how to read I really recommend this program.

Now onto better and funnier things. Kaden was sitting at the table the other day eating ice cream and says,
Kaden: Mom eating ice cream makes our tummy hurt huh.
Me: Does it make your tummy hurt when you eat ice cream?
Kaden: yes.
Me: Well maybe you shouldn't eat ice cream anymore.
After this comment he looked at me and then looked at the big spoon full of ice cream he had and says,
Kaden: Ok, mom I will just lick it then ok.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Kaden is one smart stud!! :)